The participation fee is the following:
NAFA members: 200 EUR
non-members: 250 EUR
student NAFA members: 170 EUR
student non-members: 200 EUR
This includes food and accommodation for the entire event, September 7-11. Please note that alcoholic beverages are NOT included in this fee. You will be able to purchase local beer, wine and brandy at very reasonable prices at the premises.
Please note that participants are required to pay for the entire duration of the event. The participation fee is non-refundable and is required to be paid no later than 1 month ahead of the event.
You may register your participation for the NAFA 2022 on the registration form tab below.
You may become NAFA member here.
There are no longer places available for NAFA 2022 and we closed for registration.
Thank you for your interest.
Most international participants will likely arrive at Cluj-Napoca airport. (Alternatively some might arrive at Sibiu or Bucharest airport).
For those arriving on the 6th of September and leaving on the 12th of September to and from Cluj-Napoca airport we would like to arrange a bus transfer to and from the festival village, in case enough people are interested in this. The drive from Cluj-Napoca to the village is 200 km and takes 3,5 hours.
IMPORTANT: If you are going to make use of this bus service, please make sure that when you are booking your flight to arrive on the 6th before 19:30 o'clock and to depart on the 12th in the afternoon! Thank you.
We kindly ask you to indicate on the registration form whether you are interested to make use of this possibility, or not.
A one way ticket costs 30 euro/person. (Please note that due to rapid inflation and changing prices, the price of the ticket might change.) Since we will have to rent the bus for both ways, there will only be the option to purchase tickets for both ways.
The festival location will be the village hostel, run by the local church, which has made an incredible effort to buy and save as many old traditional houses as possible.
The hostel consists of several renovated, old - some as old as hundred years - peasant houses and their barns, which have new rooms and bathrooms, but which still kept their old, traditional character. The hostel offers facilities such as a conference hall, restaurant, and rooms, which festival visitors will be sharing with each other. The hostel has a parking lot, and two hot tubs as well. Please remember to bring your swimming suit.
Please be prepared to share bedrooms with others. The hostel is able to offer rooms with bunkbeds.
The income of the hostel is largely used as a fund for the social kitchen they established. This kitchen is dedicated to serve a two-course warm meal, five days a week, for a very reasonable price for the elderly, the less affluent of the region - and the number of these people is not few -, and for anyone requiring it.
Your participation in the festival and stay in the hostel will mean someone´s warm lunch for a period of time!
Throughout the festival local food will be prepared and served by the kitchen of the hostel.
Anyone with special food preferences is kindly asked to indicate this on the registration form.
The price of the food is included in the registration fee.
- there is no ATM in the village; please remember to bring money you might need. The Romanian leu (RON) is the currency of Romania.
- there is no shop in the village; please bring what you think you might need
- there is no pharmacy in the village; please remember to bring medicines you might need
- it is a rural area, so please bring clothes accordingly (hiking shoes, comfortable and weather-appropriate clothes), especially keeping the horse cart tour of the 11th of September in mind, when a moderate amount of walking and hiking will be included
- should you like to try the hot tubs, please bring your swimming suit
- there are brown bears and boars in the surrounding, as well as shepherd dogs protecting livestock, so you will kindly be asked to respect the laws of nature (stay on the premises of the festival after dusk and do not attempt to approach bears if you meet them out in nature)
- please be prepared to share bedrooms with others. The hostel is able to offer rooms with bunkbeds.